Tomorrow I have a business meeting in Manchester. I have been busting my balls recently to cover my line manager who unfortunately is on sick leave at the moment. I was told a couple of weeks ago that the meeting would be an overnight stay and that our company Amex cards could be used to pay for a decent meal. Whilst I appreciate the kind gesture I would rather not spend an evening with two middle-aged men who are my line managers. Therefore I lined up a little something for the evening, provided I could feign illness and sneak away from my line managers.
Back in December 2009 at a reunion with some of my uni mates in Manchester, I met a girl, Glin, in Tiger Tiger and ended up going back to her place and fucking her brains out. I have to say that it was probably the best sex of my life and I decided that I would keep in touch with her via text and facebook just in case I was ever in her neck of the woods. Knowing that I would be in Manchester, I text her yesterday evening to see if she would be interested in meeting up. She replied saying she was keen to hook up, which was exactly what I wanted to hear.
I called my boss today to arrange a meeting point tomorrow only to be informed that we would not be staying overnight now. Apparently they had decided to defer this event until the end of February. Frustratingly somebody fucking neglected to tell me! So not only am I not going to laid, but I will also have to drive nine hours to Manchester and back to attend a two hour meeting. Brilliant. Furthermore I will have to break the bad news to Glin at some point.
To cap off a truly shit day, I got stuck in two hours of traffic on the way home from work following an accident on the M4 and I have yet to receive a response from the text I sent to Laura from Fez on Saturday night. I don't quite feel like Mikey from Swingers - I at least applied the two day text rule. In all honesty I can't say that I am surprised that she has not text back. She was so battered that I doubt that she even remembers copping off with me. I am looking forward to the weekend already.
Monday, 8 February 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment