Thursday, 4 February 2010

asos.com

In my opinion asos.com is the world's greatest (non-porn) website. I first heard of it when I was a penniless student at Sheffield University. Now that I have a regular income it is a site that I seem to frequent every day.

Wikipedia tells me that it is now the second largest fashion distributor in the UK after Next and it continues to grow. Asos always presents the latest trends to ensure that a young man can look sharp on a night out. They do sell some pretty shit brands - I am thinking specifically here of Ringspun, Superdry and Franklin Marshall, although these are the exceptions. The rest is by and large top quality clobber. I used to have to make trips to Oxford Street or Covent Garden to expand my wardrobe. However, unless there is a big sale these days I rarely venture into town to shop.

For me the best part about asos is their own brand. It is cheap and of very good quality. I have rarely been disappointed with their own brand clothes - nice fitted shirts and excellent denim. I recently bought a beige mac which made me stand out in the office over the Winter period. In my opinion it is superior to all of its high street competitors with the exception of Zara. Having an affordable alternative to the catwalk brands also allows me be more daring in trying new looks. If it doesn't suit me then I can always take solace in the fact that the garment only cost me £20. Free standard delivery on orders over £75 and free next day delivery on orders exceeding £100 are the cherries on the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment