Casanova is one of ex-housemates from Sheffield University. He is one of my closest friends and is a regular visitor to my flat, coming up to party at least once a month. He stands 6ft 3.5in, is good-looking and always impeccably dressed. At university he always stuck out like a sore thumb, wearing shirts, ties and blazers to the student union when the normal male student style consisted of t-shirts, jeans and trainers. However, as we have all made the transition from students to young professionals, it is clear to see that he had the right idea all along. With a dry wit, an overuse of the word "cunt" and a tendency to speak his mind, Casanova never fails to entertain. Currently out of my group of friends he gets the most attention from girls on a night out.
Last night we celebrated his birthday at the Fez Club in Putney. Lately Casanova has been too busy "hanging out the back of" (his words not mine) his latest love interest at Portsmouth University and therefore did not find the time to organise his own birthday party. Hence I set up a facebook group to send out details and invites to some of Cas' closest friends. Due to the short notice the crew I assembled was small yet tight-knit. The lineup for the trip to the Fez Club included Cas, my housemate and best friend Aces, Dealer, Newb and myself (all Sheffield University alumni). Dealer and Newb are also good friends of mine and lived with Cas in his final year at university.
I wore almost exactly the same outfit as the night before: white shirt, tweed waistcoat (asos), smart jeans (All Saints), chocolate brown belt (Kenneth Cole) and brogue boots (Jones Bootmaker). The main diffference from my outfit at Pri's birthday was that I wore a gold bow tie instead of the tweed tie. I do not normally wear the same outfit two nights in a row. However, I received excellent feedback from the girls at Pri's birthday on Friday night and decided to adopt the "if ain't broke then don't fix it" policy.
Due to Cas misplacing his wallet just before we were due to leave the flat (it actually turned out that Newb picked it up by accident) we arrived at Fez quite late and had to spend 20 minutes in the queue. Once inside I noticed immediately that it was rammed. It took an age to get the first round of drinks and it was very difficult to find a spot to "scout the trout" without getting bumped into. It took a while for me to get into the spirit of things. I started to feel energised after going out for my first cigarette of the night and thereafter I felt the urge to dance.
My previous trip to the Fez Club two weeks ago was highly frustrating due to the fact that three girls on approached me on separate occasions to tell me that I was a good dancer and asking for a dance. On each occasion when I moved in for a kiss I was told that they couldn't because they had boyfriends. This led to me posting the following status on facebook:
"Ladies: I know that I'm a good dancer. Don't come up to me in a club to tell me what I already know unless you are willing to put out. I am not your gay best friend and you are wasting my motherfucking time."
I got 13 "likes" and 8 responses to this status. Although I did this mainly for comedic purposes, the frustration I felt still remains. This trend looked set to continue last night when I was approached by an attractive brunette named Sarah. She opened conversation with flattery by firstly telling me that she thought I was by far the best dressed male in the room. I returned the compliment with regards to her flowery dress and then had a little dance with her. She then asked me if I was gay as well as the rest of the group I was with. I corrected her immediately and then told her that I only talk to attractive girls and that was the only reason I was talking to her. She laughed and then, obviously realising my true intentions returned to her friend. I saw her glancing over at me over the next 10 minutes before she left the stage to buy a drink.
During one of the breaks in dancing I was conversing with Aces over whether or not a girl in close proximity was fit. In the lighting it was difficult to determine a rating out of 10. We scored her at either a 6 or a 6.5 out of 10. Upon closer inspection I recognised that she was a girl who I had seen earlier in the smoking terrace. She had dragged me through the queue to get me into the smoking section, probably feeling slightly bad that she had pushed in front of Cas and myself. I decided to talk to her as it was getting late in the night and I wanted to at least pull a girl. I introduced myself and asked her if she wanted to go outside for a cigarette. She came outside with me and it wasn't before long that I could see that she was absolutely smashed. I discovered that her name was Laura and she taught drama to young children in Putney. She was the kind of pissed that made me feel positively sober (even though I was not) as evidenced from the fact that it took her three attempts to roll a cigarette.
Whenever I try to pull a girl I like to there to be a level playing field and in this case there clearly wasn't. However, at this point I was too horny in all honesty to care. She had a reasonably attractive and expressive face - mouse blonde hair and pretty green eyes. She was probably the same height as me wearing heels and her major selling point was her tight body. She started asking me why I had not previously come over to dance with her earlier. Without offering an explanation I dragged her back into the club to dance.
We went back to the spot where I had introduced myself earlier to find that all of our friends had disappeared and the crowd in the club had noticeably thinned out as people started to make their way home. I danced with her for 10 minutes trying to decide whether I wanted to pull her. After bumping and grinding for some time she announced that she needed to find her friend and told me that she would be back as she was enjoying herself with me. It was at this point that I checked my phone to discover that my friends had left the venue and were waiting for me outside. I told Laura that I needed to go and took her phone number before going in for a kiss. I thought that she was a very good kisser and I believe that I almost tempted her to sack off her friend and come back with me. In the end we parted ways with me telling her that I would drop her a text in the near future.
Due to not having any signal on my personal phone, I got outside to see 3 messages buzz through at once. The third message told me that my crew had returned back to the flat in Chiswick. Resigned to the fact that I would have to get a taxi home on my own, I went to Flames takeaway and picked up some cheese and chips to satiate my hunger. All in all that kiss cost me £14. That is the money that I would have saved if I had gotten a taxi home with my mates. I will decide tomorrow whether or not I will text Laura. From the way she kissed this makes me inclined to think that she would be a decent fuck if I ever got the chance.
Sunday, 7 February 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment