A feeling of relief washed over me when I saw the email from the post room at the office informing me of the arrival of my parcel. I placed an order with topman.com on Sunday evening hoping that my items would arrive in time for the weekend festivities. I have two birthdays to attend: Pri's 23rd birthday tonight at Tiger Tiger in Picadilly Circus and Casanova's 25th tomorrow night at the Fez Club in Putney.
The delivery time on the Topman website says 2-4 working days. I received an email to my hotmail account on Wednesday afternoon saying that my order had been despatched. Hence when my order still had not arrived yesterday I decided to call their Customer Services department. The girl on the other end of the phone was very polite and assured me that I would receive it before the end of the day. However, when the parcel still hadn't arrived at the close of play yesterday I readied myself to launch a tirade at any person unfortunate enough to answer my call at Topman Customer Services today.
My anxiety and anger has completed subsided now that the package is in my possession. In a way I am ever-so-slightly disappointed that I did not get a chance to reproach those at Customer Services: if there is one thing that you should know about me it is that I love having a legitimate excuse to behave like a cunt. I behave like a cunt at the best of times so you can only imagine what I am like at the worst...
The contents of the parcel: Tweed blazer, white shirt and black knitted tie to replace the one that I lost in Birmingham recently. Total cost: £111. Had I spent the same amount on asos.com I would have gotten free next day delivery. Another reason why asos trumps Topman.
I will not wear any of my new garments to Pri's party tonight but intend to trial them at Casanova's outing on Saturday.
Friday, 5 February 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment