Yesterday I had met up with Tucky for a day out in Central London. I know Tucky from Sheffield University. We both studied Law and became acquainted after seeing each other on nights out in Gatecrasher and Kingdom (this is now called Embrace). Tucky is a very pretty girl; at present she has shoulder length mouse blonde hair, a thin face with a sharp nose. In my opinion her best feature is her eyes - they are large, hazel and framed by thick eyelashes. In spite of a diet consisting of waffles, fish fingers and baked beans, she has a slim body that many girls would envy.
She had a boyfriend when we first met and thus rejected my advances. However, in our final year when she split up from her boyfriend our friendship developed into something more. We started sleeping together and I became very fond of her. The sex with Tucky was unbelievable - I can say with absolute certainty that it was the best I have ever had. I believe that the end of university came at a bad time for us; whilst I wanted to continue our romantic involvement we gradually drifted apart and she decided that she only wanted to be friends. She went travelling and eventually ended up getting back with her boyfriend. At the time I am not ashamed to say that this absolutely crushed me. To date, I think that she is the only girl I have been in love with and for a while I distanced myself from her to ease the pain of rejection. I would say that I only really got over her when I started liking another girl around this time last year. Since then we have become best friends: I go to her for advice and vice versa.
To meet Tucky I wore a multi-coloured patterned short-sleeved shirt (asos), black knitted tie (asos), fitted dark jeans (All Saints), thick tan leather belt (H & M), tan Chelsea boots (Jones Bootmaker) and a black leather biker jacket (H & M). She wore a dark blue military buttoned three quarter length coat, a black baggy dress with embellishments on the shoulders, black tights and brown leather boots. Having set the rendezvous point as Victoria Station (since this is where her train comes in from Kent) I had initially planned to go to Somerset House for London Fashion Week. I was not aware that I needed tickets for the weekend event and when we got there it had sold out. Fortunately I had looked into some free London attractions the previous day and ended up visiting the Sir John Soane museum near Holborn Tube station. I was very impressed with the engineer's collection of Ancient Roman artefacts and paintings and it exceeded my expectations. We then sat in a Costa and chatted over a green tea before heading on the tube to Piccadilly Circus.
On the way there I mentioned the Trocadero and was surprised to learn that Tucky had never visited it. I intended to briefly show her around before heading to the National Gallery. However, to my amazement Tucky loved the Trocadero. We spent a lot of time watching people play on the dance and percussion arcades as well as dumping a pound's worth of 2p's into one of those sliding machines. At one point Tucky was scolded by an old woman when she tried to play on her machine as she left to get more change.
After a solid couple of hours in the Trocadero we decided to go to Ripley's Believe It Or Not. However, the queue was very long and after standing in it for 10 minutes we abandoned the idea and went to Exchange Bar in Gerrard Street right in the middle of Chinatown. It amuses me when I think about how we must have looked yesterday: an oriental male who was introducing his white girlfriend to his culture: videogames and his people in Chinatown. I had made a reservation at Grace (formerly Sugar Reef) for dinner in Great Windmill Street. We both had Thai fish cakes for a starter and I had salmon for my main whilst Tucky had chicken fajitas. She selected a nice Sauvignon Blanc to accompany the meal.
Grace has been renovated over the last six months and the club downstairs now has a much trendier decor. Tucky and myself spent most of our time getting drunk sitting in a funky chair. The rest of the night went by in a blur and there are gaps in my memory. I can remember nailing some Jagerbombs in Jewel bar and then getting a cab back to my place to sleep. Tucky had a horrible hangover this morning and she made intermittent trips to my bathroom to make herself sick. It was not pleasant hearing her retch - it was so loud that I could hear her down the corridor behind the closed door of my room. Consequently we cuddled in bed for more than half of the day before she felt well enough to move. Since I was going back to Essex to see my parents I told her that I would give her a lift back to Kent. The one good thing about Tucky being ill on the drive back was that she was powerless to complain about my singing to the radio. By the time I dropped her off at her house she seemed a lot better and was ready to eat something. I would argue that is was my soothing vocals throughout the journey which aided her recovery.
Sunday, 28 February 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment