I believe that it is important to define myself: I am a heterosexual oriental male. I hate the term but I am what is known as a British Born Chinese (BBC). The reason for my hatred of that term is because I do almost everything I can to remove myself from my culture. My father is Chinese-Malaysian and my mother is Filipino and I cannot speak a word of their native language. I would say that I regret not taking more of an interest in learning at a younger age, firstly since it would be nice to be able to converse with my relatives and secondly because being fluent in a couple of foreign languages looks awesome on the CV and makes one more employable.
In terms of disowning my culture I suppose the best example of this would be that I prefer steak and potatoes to egg fried rice. Another aspect which I deplore is the attitude of Chinese people in the UK who only hang around with other Chinese people. Whilst I do not mind this so much of my parents' generation it vexes me that some BBC people of my generation have yet to kick the habit. To each his/her own I guess but I personally think that it shows a lack of effort to properly integrate.
In spite of the fact that I am oriental I categorically do NOT go for Chinese women. In fact I go exclusively for Caucasian girls. This is not to say that I am racist. I like to think of it more that I am a product of my society. Since my discovery of masturbation, my bedroom wall has almost always been adorned with the latest pin-up. I used to get a hard-on for Louise Redknapp in particular back in the day. As I left my fantasies behind me growing up, my penchant for white girls and white girls only, has remained.
Therefore I believe that I make things more difficult for myself. I would like to think of myself as a relatively attractive oriental male - at 5ft 10in I am perhaps taller than your average Chinese guy and eyes are a bit wider than most in my opinion. Over the Easter weekend last year I went out to a club called Agenda near Fenchurch Street to catch up with a friend who had been travelling, without knowing that it was a BBC night. I made no effort to approach any women that night but I was approached by 8 girls asking me to dance and 3 girls requested to have photographs taken with me. It was one of the strangest nights of my life. Without trying to sound arrogant, I could have had my pick of the girls that night, yet I abstained - just not my cup of tea.
Whilst society is certainly more diverse these days I still firmly believe that white girls tend to gravitate towards white guys. I would say that girls have a more open-minded attitude than guys, although you only have to go onto any internet dating site to see that a lot of girls put caucasian males as their preference and fair enough in my book. I also think that Chinese guys are the ethnic minority that a white girl is least likely to go for. If you think about it for a second, how often do you see a Chinese male/white female couple? You are much more likely to see a Asian/Black guy-white girl couple on the street. I suspect that the stereotype of Chinese guys having small cocks does not help the cause!
What then makes my job trying to pull women that much harder is that I tend to go for women in the upper-middle class range of society (if such a thing still exists). These girls are even more likely to have entrenched social beliefs which would restrict them from "experimenting". This is not always true...I have known my fair share of rich girls who behave like massive slags, although if I had to generalise then this would be my observation.
In spite of the odds I still hold on to the hope that there is a cute Mischa Barton look-a-like waiting for me out there. I will just need to work harder to get what I want. I have always had a good work ethic so I am sure that this will stand me in good stead. Oh, and this is about as philosophical as I get so don't expect entries like this to appear on a regular basis...
Thursday, 4 February 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment