
This morning I saw a video on The Box by a new artist named Stevie Hoang. The first thing that I noticed about Stevie is that he is oriental. My second observation was that he also has very short hair like myself. I conclude that he looks like an uglier and shorter version of me. The video for his song "No Coming Back" was The Box's VIP track of the week and upon further investigation this afternoon I have discovered that he is currently supporting JLS on their UK tour. A less than complimentary review of his music on The Guardian website also reveals that, like me, he is an Essex boy and he is marketing himself as the "Chinese Ne-Yo". Oh dear.
His debut release is quite catchy and it would seem that he has the potential to establish a foothold on the UK pop music scene. Depending on how popular he gets, I anticipate that people will start commenting on how I look like him. My mates will definitely pounce on this opportunity to hurl abuse my way. I have considered that there is a possibility (albeit a very slim one) that girls might start thinking that he is hot, which could perhaps open new doors for me. However, in reality I am preparing myself for the shitstorm that is on the horizon...
His debut release is quite catchy and it would seem that he has the potential to establish a foothold on the UK pop music scene. Depending on how popular he gets, I anticipate that people will start commenting on how I look like him. My mates will definitely pounce on this opportunity to hurl abuse my way. I have considered that there is a possibility (albeit a very slim one) that girls might start thinking that he is hot, which could perhaps open new doors for me. However, in reality I am preparing myself for the shitstorm that is on the horizon...

No comments:
Post a Comment