Saturday, 6 February 2010

Pri's 23rd Birthday - Tiger Tiger


Pri is one of my best girl friends. She is one of the four girls who I am very close to and I talk to her daily. Our contact has increased more recently since she has been promoted to a head office role. She now only sits 10 feet away from me in the office. Although I have never been attracted to her, objectively speaking one cannot deny that she is a good-looking girl. Her mother is Italian and Pri's raven hair and olive skin are evidence of this. She has high pronounced cheek bones, large deep brown eyes and a slim body. In the short time that I have been working at the company I have seen just about every one of my male colleagues get a hard-on over her. In terms of her personality, she is friendly, approachable and has a good sense of humour (Lord knows she needs it with me as her friend). I would say that she very much has a "girl-next-door" look about her and I can only assume that is part of her appeal. In the last few weeks she has been on a health kick in an effort to tone up for her holiday to Australia and she has enlisted my help. Although she does not need to lose the weight she has dropped a few pounds and has significantly improved her cardiovascular fitness in the short space of time. Not only has her effort impressed me (in my experience the words "girl" and "gym" rarely go hand in hand) but it seems to have boosted her confidence.

Last night was Pri's birthday party and much to my delight she chose Tiger Tiger as the venue. She had told me beforehand that she had invited a hot single girl who would be right up my street. Prior to the night out I could not resist checking out this girl's facebook profile and I must admit that I was blown away by her photos. I had her booked as a solid 8 out of 10. What I mean by this is that I don't think that ANYONE (including Brad Pitt and George Clooney), irregardless of standards could score her lower than this. From perusing her bikini photos, I arrived at a conclusion that she would be about as hot a girl that I realisitically could hope to get with. This made me approach the night with excitement and slight trepidation. Although I wasn't about to put myself under any unnecessary pressure, I wanted to bring my A-Game to the table.

I wore a fitted white shirt, tweed waistcoat and tweed tie (all from Asos), dark blue jeans (All Saints), chocolate brown belt (Kenneth Cole) and chocolate brown brogue boots (Jones Bootmaker). In terms of accessories I wore my usual chrome Seiko Kinetic (this never leaves my wrist), a silver Gucci ring and a Tiger Eye bracelet. I had a very similar look to Justin Timberlake in his video for "My Love" from 2007 featuring T.I.

As luck would have it I was seated next to the short-term object of my affection during dinner. I shall call her The Dentist since I found out that she is a postgraduate Dentistry student at Kings College London. The Dentist is actually a recent acquaintance of Pri who knows her through her best friend, Ski, from Durham University. I have met Ski on numerous occasions and have always found her to be entirely agreeable. Ski is doing a postgraduate Masters programme at UCL and through Gumtree found The Dentist and an American girl, Chicago (also hot) to live with in Old Street. They have become good friends ever since.

The first thing that I noticed about The Dentist was that she looked as she did in her photos: small pretty face with dark brown eyes and sleek brown hair. For me her most striking feature was her wide smile which revealed two rows of perfect gleaming white teeth. Ideal for a dentist no doubt - she clearly practices what she preaches. I told her as much which made her laugh. Whilst conversation wasn't sparkling it was comfortable and easy. We covered a broad range of topics including her travels in South East Asia, her course (I also went to KCL for a year to study History so we had something in common there) and the Twilight Saga amongst other subjects. It was quite educational for me since I only had a root canal on a molar on Monday. Apparently chewing gum is very good for your teeth and you should wait an hour after eating sugary foods before brushing your teeth. Doing so before this will only weaken the enamel.

Inevitably we got onto the subject of relationships and sex. I discovered that she has an affinity for men with dark features. I asked her to put that into a celebrity context which she struggled with. I went out for a cigarette and when I came back I offered two suggestions for her ideal man: actors Oliver Martinez and Rodrigo Santoro. I must have hit the nail on the head because she was amazed that I managed to pick her type. If we think about this interaction as a sales pitch, I believe that this point was the hook. However, I did not follow up for three reasons. Number one, I did not really get the vibe that she was attracted to me and it would have been a real effort to try to progress and number two I had not even really talked to anyone else up until that point, including the birthday girl. Lastly, I knew from Pri, that The Dentist was a "good girl" who had only just ended a 6 year relationship. Therefore not one night stand material and ultimately too nice for me. As alluded to in my Introduction post, I like to "neg" (see The Game by Neil Strauss if you are unsure of this term) girls and I felt that I had to massively rein in my personality.

I spent the rest of the evening dancing and entertaining the group. Highlights thereafter included impressing the girls with a performance of the exact dance routine from the Lady Gaga's Bad Romance video and Chicago's energetic drunken dancing at the end of the evening. I did get some attention from one girl who seemed to take a liking to the way I was throwing shapes. However, her average face and the noticeable spare tire that she was carrying around the midsection turned me off. I would have to be a lot more inebriated before I would resort to going for that.

The taxi ride home with Pri and her housemate, Harley, was spent debating who would be better in bed out of The Dentist and Chicago. No success last night but I would like to think that I at least made a good impression on The Dentist. Anything can happen in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment