Today my meeting in Manchester ran over by an hour and half and this meant that I did not depart for home until 5.20pm. I had text Glin earlier in the day to tell her that I could not meet up with her, although as I headed towards Warrington and the A57 via Liverpool Road I made a probing phone call to see what she was doing. I figured that the traffic would be bad and I would get home late anyway, so what difference would an hour make if she was up for it?
Glin initially answered the phone to tell me that she was filling up her car at the petrol station and that she would call me back after she had finished. This was the first time that I had spoken to Glin since our one night stand (we had previously been texting and facebook messaging each other) and her voice sounded a bit deeper and her accent more Northern than I remembered. With my car stationary in traffic she returned the call 5 minutes later.
We exchanged pleasantries before I asked her where she resided in Manchester. She told me that she lived in Swinton which was near Salford. "Is it anywhere near Liverpool Road?" I asked. "Yeah, it is only fifteen minutes from my house. Why do you ask?" Although I was sure that she could read my mind I explained to her that I was in the area and I had an hour to spare. She seemed keen to meet up and gave me her post code. Whilst still on the phone (I was on my handsfree before I am accused of breaking the law), I entered her postcode into my Garmin Sat Nav and selected the new destination. Arrival time: 5.46pm. Even though I had driven in the wrong direction her house was only 21 minutes away. I did some quick calculations in my head: I could get to hers for 6pm, hook up, and be out of there by 7pm. Accounting for a break at a service station to refuel and get a bite to eat I would get back to London at midnight. However, it would be more than worth it to get laid. I started to get excited as I envisioned her pretty green eyes and lithe body.
"So are you actually coming then?"
"Yeah I think so. I should be there in 20 minutes" I replied. "Great! I will see you then" I could tell that she was smiling from the way that she said this. Just one last question from me: "So, just to check, is your housemate going to be in?" Although this would not put me off going round, I considered that we would not be able to be as loud as we wanted.
"No, I live with my parents."
What? I wasn't sure that I had heard this correctly. "You live with your parents?" I echoed. "Yes," she confirmed. "when you came over last time I was staying at my mate's house."
SHIT. This changed everything. I had thought that she was on the same page as me, but obviously I had made a major miscalculation. Had I been staying in a hotel then I would have not objected to meeting her for a drink prior to sexual intercourse. However, there was no way I could justify meeting up with her for an hour and not getting any sexual gratification: a whole lot of effort for minimal return on investment. "Errrm..." I stuttered "...OK, I don't think that I can come round now..." I searched my brain for an answer as to why I could not come round. "No it's fine, I can come and meet you! I don't have a curfew you know!" Silence. Normally I am good at thinking on my feet. However, this was one of the rare occasions in life where my brain completely failed me. I had nowhere to run or hide so I just came out with the truth.
"Glin, I am going to level with you. I thought that I was just going to come round to have sex for an hour. Fuck, I feel awful for saying this but I thought that this was a mutual agreement! I would love to take you out for a drink and catch up but I am operating on time constraints." My eyes widened and the muscles in my jaw tightened as I anticipated an angry response. To my relief, Glin laughed it off. She also wanted to fuck and agreed that it would be a bit of waste of time to just chat for an hour. We could just as easily do this over the phone after all. We decided to leave it until the next time I would be Manchester on business and "catch up" properly.
Hence, apart from not getting laid all is well that ends well. Why can't all girls be as understanding as Glin?
Tuesday, 9 February 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment