Saturday, 13 March 2010

Leona Lewis


Leona Lewis currently sits at number 19 with her song "I Got You" on the UK Top 40 Music chart based on sales of CDs and downloads. Her highest entry for this song was number 14. A couple of weeks ago she was the Box and 4Music's VIP track so it is not as though she has not had the airplay. I thought that "I Got You" would be a hit for Leona. It ticks all of the boxes of a rousing power ballad. However, the fact that it did not even make the top 10 leads me to believe that Leona is on the downslide.

I like Leona Lewis because I believe that she is truly talented. Like most people in this country I watch the X Factor each year to see which new pop superstar will be unearthed. I would not say that I watch it religiously each week, although I make sure that I know what happens when it gets to the final twelve. It is virtually impossible to ignore since it makes the pages of all of the tabloid newspapers. In all of the years that I have been watching the X Factor Leona Lewis has been the stand out contestant, streets ahead of Shane Ward, Alexandra Burke, JLS and Joe McElderry. She has an amazing voice, a voice to rival that of Christina Aguilera, Celine Dion, Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey.

Her first album, "Spirit" (2007) was a huge success. The debut release from this album, "Bleeding Love" became a global hit, holding the number one spot in this country for seven weeks and also reaching number one on the Billboard Chart in America. This song made her a global sensation overnight. Whilst Leona has had other hits since "Bleeding Love", particularly her cover version of "Run" (2008) by Snow Patrol, which became the fastest selling downloaded single, I have felt that she has been on a downslide in popularity. Her newest album "Echo" reached number one for one week before swiftly plummeting into obscurity and even a stunning performance of her song "Happy" (2009) on X Factor in November was not enough to reach the top of the singles chart, being pipped by the Black Eyed Peas song "Meet Me Halfway" (2009). The signs look rather ominous for Leona's career.

One could argue that people are getting bored of her music. With the exception of her upbeat pop hit "Forgive Me" (2008) produced by Akon, all of her singles have been ballads. However, I do not believe that this is the main reason behind her decline in popularity since there will always be a market for these types of songs. I think that her public image is a big part of the problem. Leona Lewis is the definition of clean cut. She has had the same boyfriend since before she was famous and she always seems to maintain her dignity and quiet grace. Whilst she is a great role model for teenage girls she is competing with the likes of Lady Gaga and Ke$ha who are not afraid to show some skin. The new video for Lady Gaga's song "Telephone" perfectly illustrates my point. Sex sells and unfortunately Leona is pretty and sweet but not sexy.

Leona's looks have always appealed to me. She is so sweet and innocent; the complete opposite to Lily Allen. I remember watching Leona perform on the X Factor with my housemates in my final year at University and having the weekly debate over whether any of us would fuck her. I thought that she vastly improved her looks with straightened hair, although the general consensus had always been that she had too large of a nose to overlook. I would not disagree that she has a large nose, although somehow I think that it suits her face. Leona does possess beautiful eyes, however, which I find particularly attractive. Leona was very slim on the X Factor. Since then she has become curvier and has always said in her interviews that she does not adhere to strict diets. She exercises regularly and eats what she wants. This attitude has always won her fans amongst women. I think that she has a good figure, albeit a large ass and quite chunky legs, which are not necessarily negative traits in a woman.

The kind of unassuming non-sexual vibe that Leona gives off me ideas as to what she would be like in the bedroom. I would assume that she would not be the type of girl who would let you kiss her on the first date let alone put out. It might take a number of months and dates before she would trust you enough to let you sleep with her. Leona is slightly younger than myself and I think that she would be nervous when sleeping with someone for the first time. I would imagine that she would tremble as you kissed her and ran your hand down her back to grab her ass. Kissing would be tame at first, although using her hands to explore her body would make her kiss you more hungrily, progressively using more toungue. In spite of this I think that she would still remove her clothes with some trepidation. Leona has amazing skin and it would be no different for the rest of her body; I would imagine it to be soft and have the subtle, yet alluring smell of honey and milk.

I think that one would have to take the lead with Leona. I would envisage starting by kissing her body, slowly circling her dark hard nipples with my tongue. This would start to turn her on and she would run her hands through your hair as slid down her body towards her pussy. I imagine that Leona would have a thin strip of pubic hair and after fingering and eating her out for a few minutes she would be almost begging for sex. I think that a bit of foreplay would loosen her up and release some of her inhibitions. I am not sure why but I think that Leona would come quite easily and prefer to do so through penetrative sex rather than foreplay.

At first, she would be what I would refer to as a "Missionary Station", i.e. she would lie there whilst you fucked her. However, this is not to say that she would be bad. I think that after she had come the first time, assuming that you already had not, she would do what she could to bring you to climax. She would enjoy being fucked whilst being on top and her catches of breath and gentle moans would create greater arousal. I would not imagine her to be incredibly loud during sexual intercourse based on her reserved personality, although they do say that sometimes the quiet ones can surprise you. She is a woman who likes to be treated with respect. Therefore I do not think that she would be fond of dirty talk, preferring to be complimented throughout. I would imagine that she would like to bask in the post-sex glow with kisses, cuddles and stroking of her hair and hips to help her drift into sleep. Once she has had sex this first time I believe that she would become more impressionable and open to ideas in the bedroom. However, I cannot foresee that she would ever let you fuck her in her ass.

As you can see I have put quite a lot of thought into thinking of Leona in this regard. Imagining these scenarios with other female popstars would require much less thought and this is what Leona has to change. I hope that Simon Cowell has some grand plans for her image and music after her world tour this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment