Cam is a girl who works in the marketing department. Last year she lived just down the road from me in Chiswick. Every so often I would give her lifts into work and I enjoyed her company on these occasions. Back in July after dropping her off at her house, I noticed that four of my Now That's What I Call Music CDs (68, 69, 71 and 72) were missing. I was puzzled as to their whereabouts at first and when I asked Cam the next time I gave her a lift she told me that she had borrowed them to copy them. I remember thinking at the time that it was rude of her to take them without asking, although I trusted that she would return them to me swiftly.
Fast forward nine months and Cam still had not returned the CDs to me. During this time I had constantly asked her to return them, including sending her emails at work for five consecutive days in December. Suspecting that she had lost them I offered her an alternative to pay me £45. I paid £51.97 for the CDs at their original price so I thought that this was a generous offer. In spite of this she ignored all of my messages and at Pri's recent birthday party she acted as if there was no problem between us. Over the last month I have made a conscious effort to ignore her and avoid her to leave her in no doubt that there was a problem.
Yesterday I emailed her to tell her that I had not forgotten about the CDs and that I had been disappointed in her behaviour. To her credit she responded swiftly and got the £45 to me within the hour. It turned out that her housemate (who I think is fucking hot) had taken the CDs and lost them. I have still lost respect for her even though I now consider her debt to be repaid. I can never understand people who come from privileged backgrounds and are not only tight with money, but also deceiptful. There is not a shred of doubt in my mind that Cam would not have compensated me if I had not fucking asked her to do so.
Wednesday, 17 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment