Saturday, 13 March 2010

Kensington High Street and Spring/Summer trends

This afternoon I made a trip to Kensington High Street. I had originally intended to shop in Oxford Street. I have seen a panda patterned cardigan on Topman.com which I think would look pretty trendy for casualwear in Spring. This kind of garment is not something that I would normally buy and I wanted to go to the Topshop flagship store in Oxford Street to try it on before I bought it. This store is supposedly the largest clothes store in Europe: it has four floors, three of which are womenswear with the very top floor being the Topman store.

The Topshop flagship store is always packed with hot women so I decided to dress up. I wore a yellow checked short sleeved shirt (Farah), dark fitted jeans (Diesel), thin white belt (asos), white Converse baseball trainers and a berry-red blazer with white trim (Topman). I took out my brown leather bag (Urban Outfitters) in which I carried the book I am reading at the moment, "The English Patient" by Michael Ondaatje. As soon as I got onto the tube at Turnham Green I discovered that the train service on the District Line was restricted. This would have made getting to and from Oxford Street a real chore and therefore I took a detour to Kensington High Street. Frustratingly I thought that there was a Topman on the High Street. I remembered accompanying Hon to the Topshop there last summer where she bought a flower print dress and black pumps. I had thought that day that there was a Topman in the same store. I found out today that the nearest Topman was in Shepherd's Bush, i.e. Westfield.

Despite this blip, I did get the opportunity to browse the other stores in the area. I saw quite a few items of clothing that I think would look good for the new season. I tried on a pair of beige cotton chinos in H & M that were comfortable and matched with the blazer I was wearing. I have always said that I would not wear chinos since in my opinion it is very much "toff" fashion. After trying this pair on I might have to reconsider. I saw some very reasonably priced colourful flannel shirts and knitted ties in Uniqlo which I would have liked to have purchased. However, money is going to be slightly tight this month so I had to stave off temptation. I now have some ideas for when the paycheck comes in thirteen days. In the meantime I will probably go to Oxford Street tomorrow to try on the cardigan. Hopefully I can get there by early afternoon, although this will depend on how tired I feel after watching the live Pacquiao-Clottey fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment