Monday, 15 March 2010

asos order

Last Thursday I placed an order on asos.com. One of my favourite brands on asos is Junk de Luxe. The brand's trademark are its smart matching shirts and ties. I own a short sleeved blue and white fine print check shirt and tie combination by them which I think looks very smart. When I wore this outfit on a night out in Melbourne last year (Harp of Erin Wednesday student night) I got rave reviews from girls and guys alike. I also own another matching shirt and tie set (dark blue with flower print wallpaper pattern) and a white shirt with tartan collar, which did not receive particularly positive reviews when I wore it with a black tie and waistcoat to the Black and White party at the Fez Club on New Years Eve. Even I have a tendency to get it wrong sometimes.

Last week, Junk de Luxe trends were being advertised on the asos Men's homepage. I browsed through the eighty odd items displayed until I got to the bottom of the page which had the sale items. I spotted a smart Gingham waistcoat with fine red stripes for £24. It was reduced from £95 and I placed an order for one straight away. The package arrived at my office today and I when I got home I tried it on. It is quite a snug fit, although I did put on 5lbs last week. I will drop some weight this week and I am certain that it will fit perfectly.

The other item that I bought on the same order was a black pair of plastic rimmed sunglasses with large, dark orange tinted lenses. Last summer I bought four pairs of sunglasses. I personally never spend a lot of money on shades because the trends change year on year. A few years ago a pair of Oakleys was considered to be something of a timeless fashion item. However, I think that their shape is now outdated. These plastic sunglasses are the first pair that I have bought in preparation for the Spring and Summer months and I like them because they remind me of those that were worn by Bruce Lee at the height of his popularity back in the 1970s. I intend to buy an additional couple of pairs next month: tortoise shell wayfarers and tortoise shell aviators.

No comments:

Post a Comment